$26 (CAD - Salary)
High School Diploma
3-4 Years Experience
Repairs and maintenance , Read blueprints or technical diagrams , Installation
Education: Completion of secondary school is required
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in the trade is required.
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes, and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Install, repair, or replace shingles, shakes, and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Estimate costs and materials
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings, and specifications
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework, and other working platforms
Accommodation is available at a cost.
Transportation costs are covered if workers need to relocate.
Uniforms and PPE were provided.
Important Information: The work schedule is 5 days a week, rotating from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, flexibility on schedule is required as some days will start earlier and others finish later depending on the business needs. Work on weekends and holidays might be required.