Auto Body Technician
$29 per hour (CAD - Salary)
5 – 10 Years Experience
Attention to detail
Autobody Technician - Alberta, CA
-Review the damage report and complete the repair function as itemized.
-Clean and maintain the workspace.
-Proficiency in the removal and reinstallation of all exterior panels.
-File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired.
-Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting* asset**
-Hammer out dents, buckles, and defects using blocks and hammers
-Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
-Apply primers and repaint surfaces ***asset***
-Repair or replace interior components
-Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling with the supervisor
-Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents, and seams
-Follow and complete the Quality Control documents provided to the team by the manager
-Pre-fit parts on vehicles before completing the repairs
-Ensure that all tools are being used safely
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: Completion of a two or three-year Automotive Technician apprenticeship program or completion of a college or other Automotive Technician program combined with on-the-job training or a minimum of 6 years of experience are required to become certified.
- Being eligible to obtain a trade certification for Automotive Service Technicians is required.
- Driver’s license class G asset
- Work conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Full functionality of their body
- Personal suitability: Excellent oral communication, Accurate, Dependability, Team player, Reliability
- Worksite environment: Dusty, noisy, Odours
- Salary: $29.00 hourly, 42.5 hours per week
Important Information: The work schedule is 5 days per week. The shift is usually from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5 :00 pm. Overtime and work on weekends may be required depending on business needs.
A dental plan, Vision care, and Disability benefits, Health insurance.